Eyes treatment through a medical blepharoplasty with
The eyes treatment may be implemented with several different approaches depending on the patient’s discomfort.
One of the main requests in this type of treatment concerns the excess skin near the upper eyelid.
Up until 2008, the date that PlexR was created, the blepharoplasty (treatment of the excess skin near the eyelid) was only a surgical treatment requiring an anaesthesia and leaving a scar.
Today, the PlexR invention enables each qualified doctor to carry out this operation without any surgery, through an external non-intrusive practice, and without any risks or scares.
What is PlexR?
PlexR is an instrument which was developed by the Italian company GMV and enables treating skin excess.
The principle of its action is to realize, via a very thin hand-piece which allows great precision, a local supply of heat thus generating a sublimation of the corneocytes (cells from the superficial layer of the skin), without causing any damages for the surrounding tissue. This treatment, done point-to-point, therefore enables a global retraction of the treated zone and in turn, smoothens the skin.
For an optimal result, it is advised to undertake 3 to 4 treatment sessions, spaced at least a month apart.
Before any treatment, an information session will take place with the doctor, at the health clinic, to properly pose the indications of a potential PlexR treatment and to explain the proceedings of the session as well as to submit a cost estimate to the patient.
How does a session takes place?
The skin must be thoroughly cleaned and an anaesthetic cream will be applied an hour and half (1,5hours) before the treatment (either at the patient’s house or at the health clinic).
The treatment is done point-to-point along the area to be treated.
At the level of each impact or “point of combustion”, a retraction of the skin is carried out.
The repetition of these impacts, according to a specific and tailored arrangement will enable smoothing the treated zone.
The session lasts approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Immediately after the treatment, little scabs appear at each treatment point.
Following the treatment session:
The scabs that have formed will fall after 5 to 7 days. It is crucial, to respect the healing process, not to tear the scabs off and to let them fall by themselves.
The day following the treatment, an edema or red patches might appear but will disappear after 2 to 5 days.
After the scabs have felt, the skin could remain a bit rosy for some time.
To avoid any hyperpigmentation risk, it is essential to protect the treated skin zone with a 50+ sunscreen.
Each session should be spaced at least 28 days apart.
Due to the retraction of the skin provoked by the PlexR, this machine can be used to smoothen skin excess as well as a hollow (either a fine line or a scar).
Its different indications are:
- Skin excess at the upper eyelids level.
- Skin excess at the lower eyelids level (the doctor will have to make sure it is indeed flesh and not “bags”)
- Scares (either hollowed or in relief)
- Circumoral wrinkles (depending on the depth)
- Crow’s feet
- Xanthelasma (cholesterol deposit in the dermis, usually in the eyelids)
- Treatment of a certain number of melanin marks.
Contraindication to the treatment:
– Dermal alteration of the zone to be treated: eczema, psoriasis, wound, inflammation (those conditions do not formally contraindicate the treatment but rather will move to a later date the session, when there is no spurt)
– Recent surgical operation on or close to the treatment zone
– Skin cancer, anti-cancer treatment
– Recent scar (6 months after a small scar, 18 months for larger scares)
Examples of results following a PlexR treatment